Hey hey hey hey hey hey hey all of
you who are going to read this email that I am sending over electronic
means. This week was quite interesting to say the least. I shall
endeavor to describe it to you by not adding too much allegorical and metaphorical
statements that do not have much to do the events of this week.
To begin I
must begin with Monday last. Elder Mangum, Elder Bailey, Elder Wismer and
I all went to a place called the family fun center (yep, it is a fun place to
be). There we tested our golfing skills against the mighty mini golf
course. A mediocre pond carried alluvial deposits around the golf
course. Just so everybody knows my golf ball was red, Elder Mangum's was
yellow, Elder Wismer's was green, and Elder Bailey's was light blue.
I walked up
to hole one, summoned as much Tiger Wood's skill as I could, and then ended up
never hitting a hole in one. I think it was at hole eight that I hit the
ball much harder than I should and it flew into the river. Luckily there
was not a gator in there otherwise I would have had to fight it off with a golf
club. We managed to get it back.
Tuesday was
when Elder Mangum and I went on an exchange. We began it off by waging
war against all of the gnats in our apartment (a bunch of knavish insects love
living in our apartment) and then we cleaned up a little bit. Brother
Garcia, a member who is always willing to go out with us as long as he has gas,
went out with us to go visit some people. We went by a lady named
Brittney and were able to get in contact with her again. Then we went by
a few other people, to which none of them were there. Brother Garcia told
us a lot about his life story and then he dropped us off.
Elder Mangum
and I found a lady named Tammy. She and her grandson Casen have been
taught the Restoration and are now New Investigators. The whole situation
is super weird because Tammy thinks I am super young compared to everyone else,
calls me her "Young man". Everyone we meet loves to tell us the
dark and sordid details of their personal lives so we got a truckload of
information meeting with her. She wants to come to church, we just need
to find someone who can figure out a way to get her wheelchair (the electronic
kind) transported.
Wednesday was
just a finding day. Elder Mangum and I found a lady who was, quote:
"being stalked by that man." (i.e. a guy chilling in his
chair). She seemed quite paranoid so Elder Mangum said: "Let's do
this, why don't I give you this pamphlet so it looks like we are contacting you
and he does not get suspicious." She took it, told us to watch out
for the people who do drugs, and then went on her way. Elder Wismer and I
later tried going by to her house but she was not there and we got soaked by
the rain.
Thursday was
Zone Conference. President Cooper spent the whole day making sure that we
knew how we could do better and that we would actually change instead of just
saying we were. Elder Meacham, one of my past companions, came
down from Tampa to meet with us (we were about thirty minutes from
Tampa). He gave a training on how he began speaking to twenty people a
day and now the area was doing much better. It was quite inspiring.
Friday was an
interesting day. We had lunch with a non-member guy named Robbie.
He is so close to being a Latter - day Saint that he gives out Mormon.org cards
to people. He is close, he just needs some time to work on some
things. Besides for that we mainly went finding.
Saturday
involved us walking around and meeting a guy named Jimmy who wants to come to
church. He has long hair, works at Denny's, and seems like a good
man. He also became a new investigator. The whole day when we
walked around and I did my best to describe the Harry Potter books (not the
movies) to Elder Wismer. I also told him about The Series of Unfortunate
Events (if you are into super depressing stories read those books).
Sunday was
great as always. Cathy, a lady the second counselor of the Bishopric and
his wife are fellowshipping, came to church. We will be meeting
with all three of them tonight. Also Sunday was the year anniversary of
some of my recent converts, the Uprichards, coming into the church.
That is this
week for y'all. It is a long epistle I know. I love you all and
hope you have a great week.
Love, Elder Fabricius
Mormon
9:20-21
Numbers
14:8-9