Hey y'all wonderful people
This past week was fantastic in terms of what occurred. I
have quite a few things to mention which shall be below:
Tuesday we had district meeting. Elder Mangum did a
spotlight (i.e. a get to know you thing) and I was chosen. Everyone in
the district knows that I have never been stung by a bee even though my dad
owns a bee hive, I have never passed out while playing my trumpet, and I was
once cut by a bike kickstand. It was quite an interesting event.
Hermana Pineda, one of the Sisters who was in Apollo Beach with me almost a
year ago, says that I have changed. I do not feel that I have changed
that much but that's just me.
Elder Mangum gave us a good training. Just so you know Madre
he loves working on trucks (him and Grandpa would get along well). He does not
like the lizards here and loves the Cars movies. Elder Wismer is from
Gaston Oregon and his first name is Robb.
We went to a Mexican themed restaurant with the first counselor of
the Bishopric and his wife, Brother and Sister Hough. I got a
cheeseburger taco (apparently this is a real thing) and Elder Wismer ate some super-hot
sauce which discomfited his bowels. Brother Hough told us how he found
the church in Germany. I did not partake of the hot sauce and my bowels
are doing well to this day.
We helped a lady take a decrepit tire off of her car and put a new
one on. I was the one who jacked it up and then took the tire
off. A lady named Brittney we are teaching met with us and we took some
members there with us. We taught a lot about the Book of Mormon and
helped her understand it. The Coleman's are the family and they bought us
some Five Guys after.
A lady named Cathy watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the
Restoration this week. The spirit was there and she enjoyed learning more
about what Joseph Smith went through.
A guy named John West wanted to see us and we talked to him for a
while in his tire shop. Besides for that we went finding a lot this week.
Brittney came to church with two other people. The ward
welcomed her in warmly and she wants to come back this upcoming week.
Cathy came to church as well and she enjoyed it as well. She has come to
church four times now and is being fellow shipped by the ward.
We will be meeting with Bishop Bainbridge this week to munch some
lunch and hopefully will be able to meet some new people this week in addition
to helping the ones we have already found.
Spiritual thought:
Numbers 22 - 24 (the whole story if you want to read it)
I read an interesting story in the scriptures this week.
Balaam was a prophet who lived quite a distance away from the land of Canaan
(the holy land). A king named Balak asked Balaam to curse Israel, who had
been moving towards the land of Canaan. The messengers asked Balaam to
curse Israel but he followed the Lord's will to not curse Israel. After a
second asking Balaam went with the men.
The Lord was angry about this and sent an angel to kill
Balaam. Balaam's donkey saw it and saved his life three times before he
saw the angel. Balaam was told to only speak what the Lord wanted said.
Balak took Balaam to three different locations to see Israel and
each time asked him to curse Israel. Balaam blessed Israel the three
times and eventually was asked to leave by the exasperated king. Balaam
gave this great prophecy of the Savior's ministry.
I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not
nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall
rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy
all the children of Sheth. (Numbers 24:17)
(This prophecy can relate to both David and Jesus Christ.
The prophets typically wrote double meaning prophecies like this).
Unfortunately Balaam eventually succumbed to desiring wealth and
lost his life when the Israelite's were commanded to attack. It is a good
lesson about being in the world but not of it.
I love you all and hope you have a great week,
Love,
Elder Fabricius