Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Apollo Beach Shenanigans!!

Hello everybody,

First thing, my new address: 1428 Harbour Blue Street, Ruskin FL 33570.

As it turns out, Apollo Beach is really different. There are a lot of typical southern trailer parks all over the area which is interesting.  We have heard a lot about the people in Texas and having been praying for them a lot.

I have been warned that the ward is mainly elderly people who, during ward council, like to occasionally trash the way missionaries teach.  Supposedly, it happens a lot, which is crazy but I haven't seen it yet.  Hopefully it doesn't happen while I am here.  Our ward mission leader, Brother Young, helps out a little with stuff like that.  

Apollo Beach is really spaced out so we do lots of driving.  It's a lot like how Providence was situated except three times bigger.  I do like Providence much more as everyone loves their first area the most but there's some good things about Apollo Beach. This week will be bike week so we got lots of places to bike to.  It should be an adventure.

The ward is pretty small but they are super missionary minded which is good, even though they get judgmental at times.  If they were not missionary minded they would probably have to join the Riverview ward as people have been moving out recently. The ward has about a hundred or so active members from what I have seen and I think this area has massive potential. The district is good.  We have Elder Johnson as the district leader, Elder Hathaway and Elder Kimble as his companions, plus three sisters, Sister Durrant, Sister Bowen, and Hermana Pineda.  Sister Pineda speaks Spanish well so she can talk to many of our investigators.  

Elder Drumright has been here for a transfer longer than I so he is still getting to know the area.  He was in Port Charlotte for nine months before he came here. He is from Hawaii and is a quarter Hawaiian.  He has been out for almost nineteen months and is very social.  He talks to basically everyone we meet.  I do some talking but he is the main speaker. The neighborhood we live in is pretty nice and Elder Drumright likes to run super fast throughout the streets during the mornings which does not feel good, but oh well.  Elder Drumright is not a speed runner, I am just not used to running outside because I have only been doing treadmill running.

There's not much to write about besides that.  We are working with a bunch of part member families to get people back to church and those who are non-members baptized.  

I hope that all of you are doing well and having lots of fun,

Elder Fabricius

Elder Fabricius at the library
Elder Kovalenko looking at the solar eclipse

Picture of the solar eclipse through the welding lens you sent