Hello
to all the wonderful people who will read this letter,
Things
have been going well in Tampa. The weather was a little chilly recently so
that's pretty weird, especially how Florida is a subtropical
area. Basically the summer will start coming in by the end of April which
will be fun.
There
have been many pterodactyls (herons, sand cranes, ducks and pelicans) all over
the place. There have been no alligator sightings so far. There's
basically a big ecosystem in our area. There's lots of weird bug things
which the lizards devour and then the birds love to devour the lizards, I've seen it happen once and it was disturbing. Our
area does cover some of the bay but only the metropolitan area with all the
boats so it isn't that scenic, though the bay is really huge. Hopefully I
can see much more of it later.
There
was one exchange that I went on this week. The first one was with Elder
Stout, one of the Zone leaders. That was stressful because as well as
having a really great missionary there I also had to find where people
were. Everyone we checked up on wasn't home so that was a bummer.
Elder Stout also speaks Spanish so we went to go teach an investigator whose
name is Luis Martinez. I'll try to show what it was like:
Elder
Stout: "El primer principio del Evangelio de Jesucristo es la fe en
Jesucristo. El segundo es el arrepentimiento y sus seis pasos al
arrepentimiento."
Luis:
"Si".
Me:
:I
I
couldn't understand anything that they were saying. It was that way the
entire lesson.
Transfers
are Wednesday. Everything is going to be the same in the district except for
one companionship. Elder Dungen will be training and Elder Laub will be
going to someplace called Plant City. Apparently they made a bet that if
Elder Laub moved and Elder Dungen was training then Elder Dungen would owe
Elder Laub a shake. It's going to be weird because Elder Johnson and I
won't be the youngest anymore in the district. I thought it wouldn't
happen until the summer, not after two months, but it’s all good.
The
members have been hitting us up with tons of food. We can’t eat at the
members’ houses unless there is a less active or an investigator so the members
put food in the Church kitchen during Sunday meetings for us and we pick it up
and bring it home. Sometimes they will bring it to our
apartment. They usually bring us simple foods like cereal, pretzels, just
stuff like that but sometimes they make us cookies. Every week we get lots of
stuff and we have the problem of making sure our closet doesn't get overwhelmed
with it. We both eat healthy food for the most part so that's pretty good.
Elder
Randall and I have been doing really well. It's good to see how well our
investigators are doing when we give them the Book of Mormon. One family
with 5 members is super committed and they really like the book. It really
helps people know that the church is true.
I
hope that you all are doing well. Have a good week and thanks for all the
prayers!
Elder
Fabricius
John
3: 16-17