So, you may ask what the subject has to
do with anything. Well, it's from a guy who Elder Treasure (Elder
Randall's last companion) met who was biking around and talked to a guy named
Jahc who was really out of it with drugs.
Elder Treasure: "would you like to
hear a message about Jesus Christ?"
Jahc: "Apples and bananas man."
This week he started texting us again and
apparently Elder Randall gave him some steaks in the past because he starts talking about
steaks and I'm thinking he's smoking ganja. He said that he would be our
student if we would give him food and right then we were getting stuff planned
out for a baptism so we had no time to deal with that.
So, to talk about the baptism. Luis
Martinez is his name. He speaks literally no English and is the guy who I
was in the lesson with where they spoke Spanish. He has been super solid
and read all of the pamphlets before he was even taught them. Elder Stout
originally taught him and then after he was transferred to St. Petersburg, then
online Sisters taught him everything else. Luis' baptismal interview was
on Friday so we got a translator to come with us. He passed the interview
with flying colors. We were all excited but then Saturday came. There was so much opposition with just trying to get it all put together that
Elder Randall said that Luis was going to be a Seventy some day and Satan was
trying to stop it.
But it all went through. The whole
service was in Spanish so we didn't understand anything, but as long as Luis
understood it that's much more important. He really felt the spirit and
was really happy about being baptized.
The Providence area is doing really well now. We have a bunch of investigators with baptismal dates in
April. Several of them came to church yesterday so they are progressing a
lot. It is a little bit hard to work with the members of our ward but for
the most part things are going well.
I have a goal to read the Old Testament
again so that will be an adventure trying to get through it. I will be starting Genesis tomorrow. I'm also reading the Book
of Mormon, of course.
Well, I hope everyone understands this
letter even though I did not write it that well. I hope you are all doing
well and having lots of fun,
Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
Joshua 1: 7-9
#1 Elder Fabricius in his black suit and some cool shades from
Elder Randall's Padre.
#2 Luis Martinez and one of the Sisters who do all the Mormon.org
/ Lds.org stuff.
#3 Brother Meyers dog that is ironically named Simba.

