Monday, December 31, 2018

Hast thou considered my servant Job? (Job 1:8)

Well what an interesting week.  It began and ended quite the same.

Elder Bledsoe has not been doing too well. The migraine only went away for a few hours and he was able to see the light of day for a while.  It has been plaguing him the entire week.

First he met several times over technology with Dr. Openshaw (he is over the South eastern area).  They talked a lot this week.  Then President and Sister Cooper came to our ward this Sunday and talked to Elder Bledsoe to see how he is doing.  He is not doing too well.

As for me I am doing what I can to be busy.  The whole experience seems like Job's experience (though not nearly as bad).  I have learned that we can choose to "curse God and die" in our afflictions or choose to be happy and "not sin with our lips".

I was able to go on an exchange with our district leader Elder Call.  It was fun to get out and see the nearby town of Winter Haven.  A returned missionary who served in this  mission, ex Elder Leja, was in the area so we got to see him.  It was good to see him and also be terrified of what I will become next week.

It feels strange only having one full week left.  I look forward to seeing all of you and hope you all have a great week!


Elder Fabricius

Spiritual thought 

Mosiah 17

“I wish to speak about Abinadi.  This is the man who went right into the heart of a prideful nation and told them to repent.  He cared what God thought more than what others thought. Even with King Noah and the priests slandering him he boldly testified of our Savior and died rather than deny his testimony.”