Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Hark the Herald Angels Sing!

Buenos Dias to all of you on this fine day.  This was a crazy busy, wonderfully good week.

Well this was a wonderfully good week.  It began with all the usual shopping and us driving around when we noticed a good buffet to eat at.  It was a sushi and Chinese buffet style place.  It was good until we reached plate four or five.  That took a while to recover from.

Then the district met together on Tuesday.  It was a smashing fine meeting and we all decided to go somewhere to eat.  Well, as fate would have it, we found another buffet place.  You can guess what happened right?  The food was good as before.  There was some alcohol braised food but we had so many choices that it didn’t keep us from getting our fill, but then I thought of these lines:

"Yes, the rum is gone."
"But why's the rum gone?"
"Because it is a vile drink that turns the most respectable men into scoundrels."

I was fortunately spared gastrointestinal problems but sadly others were not.  I thought that the whole buffet thing was over with as there were two reprehensible experiences in memory.  Then a few days go by and we had to help Elder Bailey, our Zone leader with something and afterwards we got sucked into another buffet.  After the third time I was done with buffets.

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this madness."

Well that was the humor of the week.  There was a mission conference this week and we were preparing to take pictures, all normal stuff and then Elder Dale G Renlund walked into the room.  Yep, Elder Renlund came to meet with us for a few hours.  It was a marvelous experience.  There was something in his eyes that seemed different than anyone else I've met.

The basic message he had for us was: thank you on behalf of the Lord and His church for serving a mission.  He talked a lot about the ordinances of the Gospel and how the Lord's favorite thing to do is forgive sin and heal broken hearts.

It was a fantastic meeting.  All in all the Spirit was there.  It was a rare occasion to have an Apostle and two Seventies there as well, Elder Bowen and Elder Patrick.  

They did take a picture but I do not have it.  If I can get it soon I will give it out to y'all.  

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Fabricius


1 Nephi 16:29