Monday, January 7, 2019

The last one!!!

So [Elder Fabricius] the servant of the LORD died there in the land of [Florida], according to the word of the LORD

Well the day has finally arrived!  I never thought it would appear but it has.  It has been quite a fun, growing, stretching experience.  I had to go through multiple emotions but now it is a reluctant acceptance. 

Elder Bledsoe went home last week because of his migraines so I was sent over to be with the Winter Haven Elders, Elder Call and Elder McKamey.  Winter Haven is a cool mix between a red neck town and African American town.  These fine Elders also cover Lake Wales, the biggest and easternmost area of the mission.  Lake Wales is the edge of civilization.  There are two towns and a whole bunch of Orange groves.

I went on an exchange to a Spanish area this week. Elder Henstra was the one I was with.  He goes home with me and originally was an English speaker but was changed to Español. I learned some Spanish which is cool, ¿Cachái?

Apparently a bunch of immigrant workers come to a place called Haines City and pick oranges and then go buy beer and party.  They have to travel in groups or they will get jumped by some gangs.  It was quite an experience listening to a lesson being taught in Spanish and not being able to understand ninety percent of it.  It makes me want to learn Spanish.

We also went on an exchange with the Zone Leaders this week.  Citrus Ridge was the place of the exchange which is super close to Disney world.  As a result, the city of Davenport (main city in Citrus Ridge) is a tourist trap.  We saw people from England, South America, and even a lady from Morocco.  It was a good time seeing different neighborhoods.  We could see the edges of Animal Kingdom at the edges of the area.

Not much occurred besides that.  We biked a lot, walked a lot, and drove a lot.  We met a lady from Palestine this week which was cool.  She is going to give the Winter Haven Elders a Koran sometime.

That is about all.  It's been a super euphoric, crazy, and spectacular mission.  I hope you all have a great week and enjoy it

Love,

Elder Fabricius