Monday, July 16, 2018

"Harold knows Bosco?"


Hey everybody, Elder Fabricius is coming to you with this email from Florida.

This past week was quite interesting.  I spent much time helping Elder Mangum recovering from the "worst [migraine] of them all”.  He got it on Wednesday, spent the whole day sleeping in his closet, and then went to bed at night.  He had a few others during the week which were not as severe.

I will name out the things that we did this week.

Elder Mangum and I went with our ward mission leader to go by some members and get to know them more.  Brother Arnold was our first visit and he lives all the way out in the boonies of our area, on the boundaries.  He has a lot of chickens, ducks, rabbits, and dachshunds.  He is a pretty cool guy.  Our ward mission leader told us a whole bunch of crazy stories about his high school days.  The quote in the subject line is one of those.  One of his friends had an imaginary friend named Bosco and he was incredulous that someone else knew Bosco.  A guy lost part of his ear during their many antics.

We went by the Lucas family (members in our ward) and learned that their oldest kid is going to be doing band camp in Texas.  I remembered back to the times I walked around the band field at Sky View and I would not trade that experience for anything, even though it was hard and hot.  

We went by the Williams family during Sunday evening.  They fed us some cool Jamaican food and then we learned about their amazing conversion stories.  They have a son named Gilleb who is serving in Ghana Africa.  Apparently some guy chased the missionaries down there with a machete.  The world is an extremely weird place at times.

We went bowling today and I got a score of 61 or so, but I tried.  Everything seems to be going along.  Next week will be transfers and the ward will be using the family history center next week so I will have to work on making sure my tablet works otherwise I may not get an email out.  I will figure it out.

I love you all and hope you have a great week,

Elder Fabricius

Alma 56:44-48
Leviticus 11:44-45