Hey, hey, hey all you wonderful people. I never thought that
this day would have come but lo and behold my eighteenth month mark has passed
me by. I feel really old (mission age wise), because I am now older than
any Sister Missionary in the mission. In a coming day "I shall go
the way whence I shall not return." (Job 16:22).
If anyone thinks that I am getting trunked out I am not. I
am going to work as hard as I can so this is the best part of my mission.
In that spirit I will describe what occurred this week:
We met with the Bailey family, the Stake President's family of the
Lakeland Florida Stake. Overall we just asked for a little bit of help
because they have lots of presses to their time. Their oldest son Nathan
is willing to go finding with us, a huge commitment for a teenager. They
are super awesome.
Tuesday was District meeting / Council (as the name has
changed). We are just working at chugging along as a district over
here.
Wednesday was the fourth of July. We rode up, up, up the
hill to the church building on our bikes and some good pancakes, sausage,
bacon, other breakfast foods with most of the ward. There were quite a
few non - members there so we sat with a few of them. The ward threw two
containers of pancakes, one container of bacon, and one container of sausage at
us which we were supposed to carry home on our bikes. Thankfully our
Bishop helped us out because he is a bicyclist and understands two missionaries
cannot carry that much food and bike at the same time. Thus began a race
to see who could get down to the bottom of the hill faster.
(Honda Element's are much faster than a bicycle).
The Young Women President had us over for lunch and because they
were running behind we went around the neighborhood. Florida decided to
play a trick on us and a small tropical depression came in, which is a massive
thunderstorm in other states. We got soaked to the skeletal system.
We still ate some lunch and learned that goat is a good tasting meat.
Thursday we had interviews with President Cooper. He asked
each of us that we teach two lessons a day and we have been trying to do that
ever since. It poured again on Thursday but we were able to hide out in
the church for a while.
Friday and Saturday were finding days. Sunday we met with
the Jackson family. They fed us some food and then we shared "Safety
for the soul" with them by Jeffrey R Holland. Brother Jackson told
us how his trainer in the mission field would dye the milk green and he thought
that the milk in Sweden was green for three months.
Spiritual thought:
Alma 31:5 teaches us about the power of the
word of God. Instead of sending Captain Moroni who would have shut down
the Zoramite problem really quick, the Nephites sent Alma and a bunch of other
missionaries. Sadly the Zoramites went to war but after the battle the
Zoramites made a covenant of peace. These war like apostates were able to
keep a covenant they made, which shows us how important covenants can be.
Alma 43 - 44 tells of the battle.
I love you all and hope you have a great week,
