Monday, May 28, 2018

Behold, Esau my brother is a hairy man, and I am a smooth man

Just so you know, the title has nothing to do with this email but it was in my reading this week and I though it was funny.

Hello ya'll on this Memorial Day,

It's good to hear that everyone has been enjoying meeting together today.  It's hard to believe that I will be with you guys next Memorial Day.  I do hope that you enjoy the letter that I will be writing to ya'll.

This week began well.  District meeting was this Tuesday and Elder Mangum did a great job leading the discussion we had.  He shared a bunch about being accountable and got us all hyped up to do lots of good.  Shortly after the meeting Elder Mangum went into migraine zone so we did not do too much Tuesday.

Wednesday was the first of three member meals.  We went with Brother Casey to Panera bread and ate a bunch of bread.  He is a nice man and works for a bunch of stores that have good produce over here.

The Weggeland family had us over for Thursday night and we talked to them a lot.  Sister Weggeland is from England and has a British accent.  Brother Weggeland owns his own house building company and is currently building ten houses.  They are willing to help and it's good to get to know people.

The White's finished up the member meals by taking us to Carraba's and we ate a bunch of Italian food on Friday.  I am amazed at how willing the members are to take us to nice places.  The White's are both converts to the church, Brother White having been baptized about a year and a half ago.  They are super nice and enjoy speaking to the missionaries.

Saturday was not eventful due to a massive migraine Elder Mangum had.  He says he does not remember anything about Saturday.  He is doing much better today and is a lot more coherent.  I spent a bunch of time reading the scriptures, part of which will be the spiritual thought below.

Sunday was great as always.  President and Sister Cooper came to sacrament meeting and then went off to do a baptismal interview in a nearby ward.  No one came to church but this super cool prepared guy talked to us in the evening.  He wants to learn all he can about the Gospel.  We gave the sacrament to a member in a nursing home and it is a great blessing to be able to feel the spirit when you take the sacrament.

Today we ate a bunch of steak and stuff at a member family: the Evans.  They are awesome and it is always fun to meet with them.

Spiritual thought:
Genesis 22:1-18

I noticed that the Abrahamic covenant is mentioned multiple times before this chapter.  It appears in Abraham 2:9-11, Genesis 12:2-4, Genesis 17:21, Genesis 26:3, and Genesis 28:13-15 (quite a bunch of reading).  However, all of these blessings of temporal and spiritual prosperity, posterity, and inheritance were all given because of Abraham's faith (Genesis 22:1-18).  

The blessings of verses 17 - 18 came because Abraham was willing to follow the Lord and now we have all of these blessings available to us today.

I love you all and hope that you have a great week,

Love,

Elder Fabricius