Monday, May 14, 2018

"Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail"

Hey hey hey family and friends how are y’all?

Here in Florida it has been getting quite wet.  The rainy season is on its way and we should be getting soaked over here.  There is a hundred percent chance of rain today, tomorrow and Wednesday so we should be getting wet over here.

This was a pretty good week, all in all.  I shall endeavor to explain it all to you.

I neglected to mention something in last week’s email.  The Young Women's President in our ward wanted us to describe how the young women could be missionaries.  So it was us surrounded by about twenty-five to thirty young women.  It was quite intimidating so we hurried through it. The youth in this ward are awesome, they are definitely going places.

Tuesday was quite the eventful day.  I turned 21 (I am not ready to be this old).  There was no substance consumption. After a good district meeting Elder Mangum and I biked about ten miles one way to get to a small town named Mulberry.  There we talked to some investigators of ours and met a guy named Anthony.  After walking around the west part of town we biked all the way back up to Lakeland, another ten miles. One of Bishop McKendrick's daughters saw us and was yelling: "Missionaries, missionaries" at us, but we failed to hear her and thus we missed a chance to get some water.  I guess we just wanted to get back quick.

Wednesday we met with Tom Billings again and he took us to Outback.  He then spent a whole bunch of time talking to us about how he has already been baptized and he just wants to learn from us.  Elder Mangum naturally spent a bunch of time reading Alma 5 and thinking of our next visit with him.

Thursday was when Elder Mangum and I went over to Tampa to see the migraine doctor.  We were not able to do much that day.

Friday involved another bike trip down to Mulberry, for we were going to meet with Anthony.  The visit was rescheduled to Monday night so we spent the day finding down there.  It was not as hard biking back that evening.

Saturday was a migraine day.  We did not do much today.

Sunday was the best day of the week.  The Atchison's, the less-active family I mentioned last week came to church again.  The whole family came.  Timothy, the unbaptized kid wants to be baptized and Alex, the oldest boy, wants to receive the Aaronic Priesthood.  The Mathers, another less-active couple came as well.  Some good things should be happening this week.

This is the lion's share of what occurred this week.  On Sunday we were offered three rides, two from the same member family and one from the Dye's, a family we helped move.  A lady gave us an umbrella when we were walking.  Lots of random miracles occurred.

Spiritual thought:

And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying, And I, behold, I will establish my covenant with you, which I made unto your father Enoch, concerning your seed after you. [JST Genesis 9:15]

What I got out of my scripture study of Noah and the flood are these few insights:

1. Noah and his family were the only ones who were concerned with living the Gospel as a whole.
2. The Lord made a covenant with Enoch.  This covenant was renewed with Noah and given to all of us who are Noah's descendants.
3. Whenever the Lord makes a covenant with us, He keeps His end of the promise.  

I love you all and hope you have a great week,

Love,

Elder Fabricius