Monday, October 23, 2017

Proverbs 23:8

Hey everybody,

This past week was pretty eventful.  The week started off with us spending a bunch of time finding and looking for prepared people.  We did find a few people who seem pretty interested and potentially could meet with us later.  We have been inviting people to a trunk or treat that the Apollo Beach ward is doing on Saturday and the Mission is doing a Why I Believe fireside on Sunday.  Both events have gained interest among the people we meet.

We were able to set two dates this week.  We have David Junior, a young lad who is excited for baptism and the other is Ron, a cool elderly guy who likes to read a big book on random stuff that surprisingly lines up a lot with the Gospel. He seems to be quite interested in what we teach.

We ran into a Baptist preacher who spent the whole time saying the typical stuff the critics say about us.  All of his arguments have been to me “like smoke which arises only to vanish away."  The Spirit is what we should listen to instead of southern naysayers.

Sunday was pretty good.  Elder Drumright gave a talk last week and it was a good talk.  This week we had a baptism for Jimmy after church, an overly enthusiastic eight year old.  He was running around afterwards and we had to wrangle him so he wouldn't get everything dirty.

We ate a bunch of food at a house last night and it was…. not good.  After that I threw up at 3:20 a.m. and then threw up on the side of the road several hours later.  I am feeling a lot better now which is good.  

The fishing trip last p-day was good.  I did not catch anything except a rock – “I got a rock" whilst everyone caught catfish.  I used some tiny crabs for bait (they are filthy little knaves with their pinchers), used some dead fish and shrimp as well.  I almost caught some stuff but it evaded every time.  Our efforts to catch a shark failed.

All in all it was a pretty good week except for the gastronomic conditions that occurred today.  I hope that all of you have a good week and have lots of fun,

Elder Fabricius

1 - Fishing at the beach
2 - One of the catfish
3 - A cool barnyard area we did service at
4 - Something cool you can do with lizards here