**Title Translation: “Orange juice or chocolate tastes great.”
Hello
to everyone!
So, many cool
things happened this last week. First the Ferrells came to church
yesterday so they only need the last few lessons taught and then they will be
ready for baptism. Whoo! They are doing really well and are all ready
for the baptism. The dad is doing well and has stopped smoking and also
plans on asking us his questions as he was a Southern Baptist. Hopefully
we will be able to answer them well.
We met two
new investigators who have gotten out of the hospital recently. Their
names are Bridget and Richard. Richard was in the ICU for a month with a
coma and the doctors are amazed that he is walking and talking. They are
super prepared and really like the feeling that is here when we come by which
is the spirit, We recently gave them a plan of Salvation pamphlet and they actually
read it - which is really crazy. They feel that God is giving them a
second chance.
On Friday we
had metro or a specialized training thing for new missionaries. They
taught us how to contact better and also ways to start a conversation. Then we
went up to the University of Southern Florida (USF) campus to contact
people up there and get some practice. There was a big expo with many 5th
graders there. Elder Randall and I got some pamphlets out which was
good. Then we all went back to the mission office and did some more
training on how to get along with your companion, how to teach the restoration
in four minutes, good stuff like that. The last thing was how to do a
church tour.
Here’s a
funny story from some missionaries in my mission that you might enjoy.
(Two
missionaries go up to this house and knock. Old lady opens the door).
Old lady:
"come in".
Elder:
"is there another man in the house?"
Old lady:
"come in".
Elder: "
We can't come in unless there's another man in the house".
Old lady:
"come in now".
Elder: "
we can't come in but we can talk on the porch".
Old lady (gets
angered): come in now!
Elder:
"we really can't
Old lady:
"do I look like a piece of bread to you?"
Elder : if
you were a piece of bread we could come in but since you're a person we
can't".
Old
lady:" well, I saved Tampa from being blown up".
Elder: "
what?"
Old
lady:" there were these people who were speaking French and since I
understand some I heard that they were planning on blowing up Tampa so I called
the big man himself. Obama. You voted, I voted. They didn't
want to let the public know as they would freak out. You should watch out
as there is lots of crazy people out here".
I decided to
include it as it describes how strange some people are down here. :)
The Providence
Ward is a really great area and I really like it. The members in our ward
do help out a lot. Even though it gets insanely hot here, I hear that all
you need is a good fan to stay cool so hopefully that's true. The exercise
is getting better as my endurance is building up really quick, though it is
still hard to see Elder Randall but I do know the route so I do not get
lost. He is really crazy with upper body exercises so he is obviously in
great shape. The apartment has a gym so that is where we go. And last
we do have a washing machine and we can wash at any time due to the humidity.
I hope you
are all doing well and having lots of fun. It's weird that the first
month of being out in the mission field is this Saturday. I decided to
try to stop using filler words as much and try using different words so then it
will be easier to explain things to our investigators. All the emails
you've been sending are great and I'll start sending written letters, though
that will most likely take a while.
I love you
all,
Elder
Fabricius
3rd Nephi 11:
10 - 11
Picture 1: At the training we took a reunion picture with some of
missionaries I was in the MTC with. Elders Mangum, Peterson, and
Henderson.
2nd picture - a picture of the metro trip. There's me, Elder Randall, Sister House, Sister Anderson, and some other sister whose name I forgot. Elder Farr on the left (he's the one that's hard to see),the fabulous Elder Henderson in the middle, and the amazing Elder Bowden on the right.

