Justin must have written this while he was on the plane. He mentioned that morning that he would be
able to email but we didn’t receive this until tonight. Hopefully we will have another one tomorrow!
Hello Everybody,
I can't believe that it is time to go to Florida. It
felt like a year just being at the MTC so it's really great to get out into the
field. We have a stop in Atlanta and we
have been going well with that. Waking up at 3 wasn't that fun but we got
going quickly. The takeoff was really disconcerting but now that we are
up in the air it's lots of fun. They seriously shot us out of here
extremely fast and now we are way above in the clouds. It's really bright
and sunny up here so that's good even though we're much higher above the ground
than I'd like to be.
There are 16 missionaries going to Tampa and two of them are
speaking Español. Elder Nykreim has said that many of our shirts
will turn yellow from the humidity so that will be fun.
I will share some advice that will save you lots of pain if
you listen to it. Do not, I repeat , do not eat a banana whilst drinking Sprite.
Es ist nicht gut. Basically, my stomach died and it was extremely painful
and then I almost threw up as well. I still feel a little weird now and
then. The whole thing happened when one Elder said that he'd give us
money if we did the challenge. I wanted to see if I could do it I did it
and it was extremely bad. Do not do it, even if it doesn't destroy your
stomach, it is not appetizing at all.
So just so you know, Brother Allen of the missionary
department came last Sunday to give a devotional talk. He said that we
should work so hard that we basically have nothing more we could have done so
I'm going to start soon. I have a bunch of goals of stuff to do so
hopefully I get a good trainer to help me do that.
President Cooper is my mission President in Tampa. He
served a mission to Belgium Antwerp and seems really cool. Everything has
been amazing so far and it is going to be great to be in the mission
field. As Joseph Smith taught: “shall we not go on in so great a cause?”
Right now there are almost 16 million members of the church and President
Gordon B. Hinckley in 1999 said that we could double the number of yearly
baptisms to 600,000. They did a study where if every missionary gets 10
people through contacting to come to church, then 5% through a bunch of
teaching there would be over 600,000 people who would join just from
contacting. It is possible.
I hope all of you are doing well and are having lots of
fun. It's been great to send emails to everyone so you know what's
up. Pretty soon we'll be in Florida and then I'll hit it really
hard. Just a final thing here is a good scripture for everybody,
Daniel 3:14 - 17
Elder Fabricius