Monday, January 30, 2017

Week 4: "Adventure is out there"

Hello to everyone,

So just so you know my P-Days are on Monday so that's pretty good.  The WiFi at our apartment is not good so the only place I can read emails are at a church or the Mission office.  Elder Randall is my new companion.  He has been out here for 18 months and is really good at this.  He likes to run but not a long slow run, he sprints everywhere which wasn't fun the first day.  But someday I'll be able to keep up with him.  Riding the bike has been really interesting.  It's a good bike and we have been going really far each day.

We are in the Providence Ward (which is the city of Brandon) and the people here are interesting.  There are many who want to meet with us again but don't progress and it's hard to know if they actually want to learn.  The members are great with the exception of strange food.  Yesterday we went to the Myers house and they had a green dinner for us because I am a greenie.  There was green biscuits and gravy which didn't taste bad but looked weird.  

The weather is really warm down here and is in the 60's which is unnatural to me.  In several months it will be really hot.  Right now it feels like the spring in Utah which is nice though there's no cool hills about.  

The emails I get are really funny and it's great to hear how everybody's doing.  I think it will be really fun out here so naturally the time will fly and then coming back will be bittersweet.  Have a good time and keep having fun.  

Elder Fabricius, 
Decisions determine destiny - President Thomas S. Monson.