Monday, November 12, 2018

I'm Singing in the Rain!

Hey y'all, another week has rapaciously flown by in a jiffy. 

I want to share some wit and wisdom this morning from a  member I met. For reference, Joe in the story is a high school friend of the member:

"Joe said: I'm gonna put them in my time machine, and gonna take em back to the dinosaurs.  The dinosaurs are gonna chase em, and right before the dinosaur is gonna eat em I'm gonna bring them back."

Member: “Now why are you gonna do that?”

Joe “Man, they gonna say John's got the best marijuana in the county.”

Member:  I still keep up with him.  I went by once and Joe said: “Wait a minute, wait a minute, I wanna talk to you, just one moment.”  And Joe lit up a joint and then he said “now how ya doing?”

Member, commenting about Joe: “You know how most people gotta have coffee, he gotta smoke a joint before his day starts."

There is much you can learn in that, like not using this guy’s time machine because the guy tries to sell interesting substances.

Well Lakeland still has a lot of lakes.  Ya got Lake Hollingsworth, Lake Morton, Lake Mirror, Crystal Lake, Lake Parker, and Lake Hancock, to name a few.  Pretty much the area revolves around going to, being at, coming from, or hearing about a lake.  Florida is still hot and humid and we got soaked on two separate occasions by a deluge.  Unfortunately I could not sing in the rain as good as Gene Kelly [Singing in the Rain, musical from the 50's].

We met a guy who does work at Florida Southern College (a nearby college).  When we went to go meet with him he brought a notebook (never a good sign). Then he got kind of bashy with us and told us he does not need the Book of Mormon.  He really only invited us over for "research" but more like to teach us.

The week was mainly spent meandering around looking for people to speak to.  A few were gracious enough to listen to us.  Because of daylight savings it does get dark quick and mosquito knaves come out.  I did see a raccoon this week resting next to a cat.  They were just acting like old buds.

Something is up and coming here.  A Book of Mormon experiment will be happening in our mission.  A public area will be chosen and a page from El Libro de Mormon will be passed out and hopefully people will read it without rejecting it.  Training will occur this week and we shall be doing it soon. A few other missions have done it and we are testing it to see if it will work or not.

Spiritual thought:

Yesterday was the anniversary of the armistice of the Great War [WWI].  Therefore a patriotic thought is necessary.

2 Nephi 10:11 - And this land shall be a land of liberty unto the Gentiles, and there shall be no kings upon the land, who shall raise up unto the Gentiles.

"With malice toward none, with charity for all," - Abraham Lincoln

“Do not let us speak of darker days; let us speak rather of sterner days. These are not dark days: these are great days—the greatest days our country has ever lived; and we must all thank God that we have been allowed, each of us according to our stations, to play a part in making these days memorable in the history of our race.” - Winston Churchill


I love you all and hope you have a great week, 

Elder Fabricius

Picture: Elder Fabricius in flannel