Hey y'all's on this
fine day. Yes, Zone Conference occurred yesterday so that is why I am
writing this email today.
District meeting was
this past week and twas a good meeting. Then we jauntily traversed over
to Panda Express to munch some food. I had some soy sauce and teriyaki
sauce and an insatiable appetite for these sauces lasted about three to four days.
I cannot tell which one is better. Then we drove back to the Lakeland
area to do some missionary work. In our contacting a lady told us a story
about the sun turning dark when someone saw Mary, a story from the Catholic
Church.
The weather is slowly
becoming bearable. The humidity is noticeably dropping and it has stayed
in the eighties. Once Florida goes below seventy degrees all us thin
blooded people start to get chilly.
I had some lengua
tacos this week. This is cow tongue tacos. Surprisingly it was more
tender than normal beef. The little store we ordered it from was run by
people who spoke Spanish so I needed help to converse with them. There is
a lot of Hispanic culture here and they make some good food.
Sunday worship was
interesting as the piano player was gone. I foolishly volunteered to
tinkle the ivories for Sacrament Meeting. It was a sight to behold, Elder
Fabricius sitting there waiting for the meeting to begin. I could only
play the upper hand and there were many incorrect notes. I somehow
managed to stagger through it all, to no credit of my own. God truly does
help us when we get in a mess. I should probably never step near a piano
again. The only good thing is it's a small ward.
Zone Conference was
amazing. Elder Stanfill (the Seventy who came) spoke a lot about calling
down the Powers of Heaven. He boldly said that we do not use these powers
enough and he's right. God will answer our prayers when we are specific
in what we want and when we show we are willing to work with him.
Our investigators are doing well. One lady named Cathy is progressing and we set a baptismal date with her last night for October 13th. She seems to be doing great. Besides for her we are trying to work with a few people.
Our investigators are doing well. One lady named Cathy is progressing and we set a baptismal date with her last night for October 13th. She seems to be doing great. Besides for her we are trying to work with a few people.
Lastly I spoke with
Elder Garcia, a missionary here. He loves Buffalo wild wings which he
calls "Bdubbs". He barely can speak English but has learned a
lot. When asked how much he loves Bdubbs by me he said:
"Bdubbs is my favorite restaurant. I love it 100
percent." Elder Garcia came here from Guatemala and decided to serve
a mission even though he is not here legally. He plans on going to Utah
when he finishes his mission.
That is about
all. I love you all and hope you have a great week,
Love,
Elder Fabricius
Spiritual thought -
1 Nephi 11:27-31