Things
went pretty well this past week. Elder Mangum and I were able to do a
bunch of finding this past week and we tore it up out here in the Lakeland
Stake. I shall endeavor to explain how my week went.
Transfers
came and went and I am still here in Highlands with Elder Mangum. We got
to work and started off by traveling deep into the Lakeland stake, into the
rural town of Haines city. I like to think of the Lakeland stake as three
steps, deep, deeper, and deepest Lakeland. Deep Lakeland would be
Highlands, deeper Lakeland would be Haines city, where we were, and deepest
Lakeland would be the boonies spots of Lake Wales or Davenport.
Elder
Mangum and I drove to the Haines city apartment with one of our Zone Leaders
and his trainee. The apartment used to belong to some Spanish
missionaries but for some reason it was closed down about six - seven months
ago and it was our job to clean it out so they could sell it. Elder
Madsen, a senior missionary was there to pull a trailer around with a truck so
we could load up stuff and not have to walk it back to Tampa.
To
me, it reminded me of the movie One Man’s Treasure and it felt like the whole
apartment had an abandoned warehouse feeling to it. But if there was some
secret documents located somewhere in it I was not able to find them. We
loaded a bunch of stuff up, got several boxes of Spanish stuff, and then went
back to our apartment for lunch.
There
was a giant gallon sized thing of ice cream left over from the apartment we
cleaned out. I got it on Tuesday and it was empty by Thursday or Friday
night. I would advise against rapid ice cream eating for any of you out
there reading this.
The
rest of the week went well. We found two people who seem interested in
hearing from us again. We were able to have a correlation meeting after
several weeks of not having one. We have a new ward mission leader and
will be going to get a lot of stuff done with him.
Sunday
was wonderful because of Father's day. President Bailey, the Stake
President came because his son Nathan was giving a talk. It turns out
that Sister Bailey is related to some people in the Apollo Beach ward and we
were able to talk to them for a while when they came yesterday. The ward
thought that the missionaries needed to eat ice cream because they are over the
age of eighteen so we did so. The missionaries are truly the most loved
group of young single adults in the world.
We
will be going to the Orlando temple tomorrow and then having a Zone Conference
afterwards. A member gave us some names for the temple. It should
be great!
Spiritual
thought:
Exodus
20:1-17, Exodus 14:13-14
Instead
of explaining how each of these commandments are to be followed I will share a
thought I had of why they should be followed.
When
God says that He is a jealous God He is meaning exactly this:
heb
qannah, “possessing sensitive and deep feelings.”
He
has deep and sensitive feelings over how well we follow His commandments. When
we keep the commandments, the Lord fights for us, as the other scripture says.
I
love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week,
Elder
Fabricius