Hello to ya'll on this fine day. Florida has been quite cold
lately due to a cold front that has been happening but it should be getting
warmer soon.
Transfers call came this morning and everyone is staying put for
now. We are on car share with the Gibsonia Elders, one of which is my MTC
companion Elder Peterson. I assume that Elder Meacham will be going after
this transfer due to him being here for quite a while and I will take over
after that. It seems like my lot to be in areas for a long
time.
Quite an interesting week occurred. District meeting was
good with lots of spiritual insights. We talked about how we can help
people be connected to Heaven. We ate at the infamous Checkers restaurant
again.
Elder Meacham went on an exchange with Elder Wismer and I was with
Elder Shakespeare. Elder Meacham however began throwing up profusely so they did not
do much. Elder Shakepseare and I went to meet with Tom again and then we
met with Brother Frasier, a member from Tennessee. Brother Frasier is an
interesting fellow.
After the exchange Elder Meacham recovered for a whole day.
Saturday was a good day because we helped paint a house. Brother Hays, a
member in our ward, took us to the Geico service project, for Geico was in
charge. On the way there I remember thinking of the song Have I done any
good? We painted the house gray and red, the walls gray and the roof red. A less - active member and his non - member wife were there as
well and we were able to talk to them. It's always good to serve
others.
Stake Conference for the Lakeland stake was Saturday night and
Sunday morning. I learned that President Kimball was at the first stake
conference of the Lakeland stake and I found a talk by him of which I shall put
a good part below.
The Burnett's, the awesome senior couple from Hyrum who are going home soon
gave their final testimonies about how their mission blessed them. A
whole host of great talks were given and finally President Bailey, the Stake
President, gave a good thought at the end: "God is there for us. He
will always be there for us when we need His help." Such a great
week, I wish I remembered more of it. Sadly a bunch of good missionaries
are going home, Sister Suman from St. George (Jennifer knows her) is
leaving. I need more hello's, less goodbye's.
Spiritual thought time:
A week or so before the Passover Jesus and His disciples came to Jerusalem. Lazarus, one of His friends had been dead for the past four days. Jesus, finding Mary's faith sufficient, gave this reply:
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
[John 11:25-26]
Lazarus rose from the dead due to God's power. Foreshadowing His own Resurrection Jesus gave this miracle. It shows that the Lord is also willing to help those in need. Hopefully this little thought inspires everyone to know more fully that life does not end at death.
Love you all and hope you have a great week,
Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
