Monday, January 15, 2018

I am now an electrician!!!

Salutations to my beloved family and friends who shall be reading this lengthy epistle.  A wondrous number of strange unrelated events occurred this week so I shall work at describing it the best I can.  Shall we begin?

I must begin with last Tuesday.  Since Zone Conference was on Wednesday we chose to move our monthly missionary meeting with Bishop Falescini to this day.  Bishop Falescini turns out to have a great story of how he was planning on being a missionary with Sister Falescini but then was called to be the Bishop of Apollo Beach.  A lot of great things were discussed and I feel the ward is changing to become more missionary minded.

We went out with Brother Young after the meeting.  We drove around the area a bit and stopped by a few member new move ins.

Wednesday was Zone Conference and we drove quite a long way to get there.  President Cooper made a big emphasis on going back to the basics of it all.  2018 should be a great year from many of the things we talked about this Zone Conference.  It was all about working with the members / finding in better ways.

Thursday was not too eventful besides going down to the edge of society in the southern part of Apollo Beach.  

Friday was definitely eventful.  We did a member lesson that night with the Ordinola's.  Brother Ordinola works at Spectrum.  It was a good discussion on how we can get to know our neighbors better.  They were appreciative of it and gave us some cranberry juice and oatmeal.

Saturday became extremely interesting as we needed to help a single sister out with some electrical expertise, hence the subject title.  Our Young men's President was there as well and he is a real electrician.  It was my duty to crawl underneath the house and drill some screws in so that we could put up a cable up and create a new outlet.  It was dark, full of dirt, and damp down there.  There also was no racoons, badgers, wolverines, bats snakes or solicitors down there so that was a blessing.

Sunday was great because we had a Regional conference of the Southeastern states.  The Southeastern region covers most of the Southern states.  Elder Ulisses Soares of the Seventy was there as well as Elder Bednar.  All of the talks were great but Elder Bednar did the best.  I wish I could transcribe it all down but that would be impossible.  Elder Bednar talked about Faith and Repentance.  

"Faith is all about believing in the Savior and His ability to heal us.  The name of the Great Physician is true because Jesus heals us from our Spiritual maladies and wounds just like a normal physician fixes physical diseases and wounds."

"Repentance is truly a great thing.  It helps us overcome more than just sins, it helps us overcome weakness as well.  Repentance is for everyone, sinners and saints as it allows us to get the Savior's help."

Elder Bednar gave a warning that we should not sin now and expect repentance to be easy.  He said that it is "hard to turn away from sin when our purpose was to sin."

After that we had a good linger longer and were able to set up some stuff with some Elders in the Elders Quorum where they go out with us.  A investigator named Ron was there and he is getting great fellowship. 

That is about all.  For a spiritual thought I will put a cool quote I found this week:

Every day I have a choice.  I can choose to have a good day or a bad day.  I choose to have a good day.

Love you all and hope you have a great week.


Elder Fabricius

Pictures:

Both of us being goofy
The edges of society