Monday, January 1, 2018

Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018!!!

Hello to all on this new year day!!!!

I am extremely surprised that it is 2018.  I never thought that it would come this quickly. There is much to report of what happened this week so I will work at making it coherent.

This Christmas Day was a great day.  We visited a lot of families, a total of six.  We got rides from the members which was good as it would have equaled forty - five miles of biking.  We gave them a bunch of ornaments and candy and got to know the members a lot more.  This was a great Christmas and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Boxing day was a good day.  We did not do anything with boxes sadly enough but we were able to meet with the Rodriguez family and set dates with the oldest children.  January 20th is the day and we are almost halfway through all the teaching.  Now the fun stuff begins with figuring out all of the details!!!!

We spent a lot of time finding this week. We were able to find a few more people.

A member family named the Parsons had us and the Sisters over for dinner one night.  They shared with us many cool experiences they had with blessings received and faith.

Brother Young, our ward mission leader, went out with us on Thursday and we were able to meet with some of our investigators.  It's always an interesting experience going out with him as he loves to share his opinion on subjects like the Tampa Times.

I rode a hover board this week that David Enriquez owns.  Hover boards are extremely hard to drive.

Church was a great experience.  Bishop Falescini talked about the "Come Follow Me" change and Brother Padgett, the Sunday School President made the new council thing interesting with a great presentation.  A less - active guy who Brother Young knows came to church.  

That was about it for this week.  

To end this out I wish to add a spiritual thought that I hope is not too long.

This comes from the talk Remember Lot's wife: Faith is for the future given by Jeffrey R Holland.  I will put some paragraphs I like from it below.

To yearn to go back to a world that cannot be lived in now, to be perennially dissatisfied with present circumstances and have only dismal views of the future, and to miss the here and now and tomorrow because we are so trapped in the there and then and yesterday are some of the sins of Lot’s wife.

After the Apostle Paul reviewed the privileged and rewarding life of his early years—his birthright, education, and standing in the Jewish community—he says to the Philippians that all of that was “dung” compared to his conversion to Christianity. He says, and I paraphrase, “I have stopped rhapsodizing about ‘the good old days’ and now eagerly look toward the future ‘that I may apprehend that for which Christ apprehended me’” (see Philippians 3:7–12). Then come these verses:

“This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

“I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13–14).

No Lot’s wife here. No looking back at Sodom and Gomorrah here. Paul knows it is out there in the future, up ahead wherever heaven is taking us, that we will win “the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.”

We can work at having the best year ever as our only limits are the ones we give ourselves.  I will work at it and I hope that we all can find something to improve on.  I hope all goes well this week and you enjoy this week,

Love you all, 

Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net

Pictures

Our Christmas Tree
Rodriquez Family
Elder Reichner and I
Weather on Christmas Day