Hello everyone on this frigid Floridian morning. The
temperature has recently been influenced by the boreal winds (northern winds) and
it is currently 56 degrees here. You may all laugh at how anything less
than 70 degrees feels like winter here.
Anywho, I found this strange story from the scriptures while I was
searching out scriptures for a talk I shall be giving. Yes, I am giving a
talk and yes, I dislike that fact - but when Bishop Falescini tells you to do
something you do it. I did find this interesting string of verses though
and I hope you are intrigued by them:
And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind
came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire infolding itself, and a
brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber,
out of the midst of the fire.
Also out of the midst thereof came the
likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the
likeness of a man.
And every one had four faces, and every
one had four wings.
[Ezekiel 1:4-6]
(I will not be including this in my talk, just thought it was interesting)
This week was bike week so I biked a lot this week. As it
turns out I learned that the southern parts of the area are backwoods
central. Some places are so rural that it looks like you are at the edge
of civilization. There is also a lot of water. It looks a lot like
what I thought the South would look like.
Yesterday we had a great day at church. Our most solid
investigator, Devita, came to church and had a great experience. The ward
was extremely welcoming which was great. Devita wants to learn more and
said that everything she has learned so far feels familiar. It's crazy
how she seems a lot happier because she has a lot of trials lately. The
Lord is truly here helping everything about the situation.
I do not have much else to say so I will just close it out with
what I learned this week:
I read Matthew 3 this week and it is tremendously great. It
resonated with me a lot because this is a special time of the year. Jesus
did not need to be baptized but He did so to show us the way. We can
receive help from the Savior and that comes through the Sacrament. This
principle of reaching out to the Savior reminds me of this hymn -
I need thee ev’ry hour, Most holy One. Oh, make me thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!
I need thee, oh, I need thee; Ev’ry hour I need thee! Oh, bless me
now, my Savior;
I come to thee
I Need Thee Every Hour, Hymn 98
Matthew 3:12 - 17
I hope that all of you do well and keep “Lighting the World”.
I hope that we all can keep it up and do lots of good!!!
Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
Hark! The herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn King!
Peace on earth and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled!
Joyful, all ye nations rise;
Join the triumph of the skies;
With th’ angelic host proclaim
Christ is born in Bethlehem!
[Chorus]
Hark! The herald angels sing
Glory to the newborn
King!Pictures:
Recent weather forecast (notice the low temperature)
Sandhill cranes
TECO power plant called Big Bend
Orlando Temple
Elder Reichner and I walking along




