Wednesday, July 5, 2017

First Quarter!!

(Justin's P-Day was on Tuesday this week) 

Hello to everybody!!!!

Florida has decided to get really hot lately. Yep, it is getting far too warm. It's getting to the point where it's like standing in a hot tub that's inside of a sauna. At least there's only a few more months of it left. Even natural Floridians say that it's getting too hot. Why anyone wants to live here I do not know but oh well, I'll keep going.  

It's crazy how the first quarter mark of my mission is here. I never thought that this day would come but it has. The first big milestone has been passed and yet it doesn't feel like that long. Next week will be transfers and anything could happen there. I've been in Providence for four transfers so there is a big chance that I could be going. There are going to be a lot of missionaries leaving next week so I could also go anywhere. If I do have to go somewhere, I would like to go to the Sarasota Zone. Who knows if there will be a change - I could stay here until the end of next transfer in all reality but whatever happens I will work hard wherever I am at.  

Not that much happened this past week so I will just inform you what happened yesterday. We did some service for several members. We started with President Serpa, the Elders Quorum President and mowed his lawn. He recently tore his Achilles tendon and he is lucky that he didn't rip it completely because then he wouldn't be able to walk for months. It was hot and tiring work but it was good to help him out. He is super optimistic so that is good.  

We then helped Bishop Maximo at his house but before we could do much besides eating some good hamburgers Sister Maximo made us, a huge storm came in. The only word I can think of to describe it would be colossal. It rained so much the streets were almost covered in water. The storm was so close that I was actually able to learn what lightning sounds like. We always hear the thunder but almost never the lightning. Just so everybody knows, it sounds intense even though I can't describe it fully. We waited around until it became clear that wasn't going to stop so we just drove back to our apartment and changed.  

We do have lots to do which is good because when you are busy you have lots of fun.

I wanted to close out with a little fourth of July thing. Ever since this country was created in 1776 we have survived a lot. We have survived two wars with England, a war with Mexico, our ancestors walked over a thousand miles to reach Utah and many more pioneers came long distances as well to Salt Lake. We have gone through a terrible civil war, a conflict with Spain and we were able to get through two wars against the Germans - a group of people who were considered the greatest military strategists of the Old world - and since then have kept going through the cold war.  

As long as we remember the principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution then we will be examples of what America is really about.  

4th verse of America the Beautiful:
Oh, beautiful for patriot dream, That sees beyond the years, Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears!
America! America! God shed his grace on thee, And crown thy good with brotherhood, From sea to shining sea.

The Star Spangled Banner:
Oh say, can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O’er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof thru the night that our flag was still there.
Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

I hope you are all doing well and enjoy this letter.  Have lots of fun.  

Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net