Hello to everybody!!!!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes everybody sent to me last week.
I'm sorry that I wasn't able to respond as we were having a zone development
and that took up a bunch of last P-day.
Well, where to start? This last week was just an adventure with
tons of crazy stuff happening. I think I shall start with the zone development
day. A zone development day is where the entire zone gets together to play
games and get to know each other better. It began with us playing signs, and
then we moved to never have I ever. Everything was going well until Elder
Treasure said: "I've never had a zone activity day on my birthday."
It's really weird when the whole zone sings happy birthday to you. The activity
day was a lot of fun and everybody knows each other a lot better.
Our apartment got sprayed this week for the bedbugs. It took a lot to get
everything ready as we needed to wash and dry all of our clothes, put them in
bags, and then make everything spotless so the exterminator could come in and
spray. He came in on Thursday and sprayed so well that we found a cockroach in
the middle of the floor that was slowly dying. The filthy knave is long since
dead and I dislike the Floridian bugs a lot. We haven't been bit by anything
since then so hopefully they are all dead.
We had a baptism this last week!!! We have been teaching a nine
year old named Zackery ever since March all the lessons and we finished up last
week and did the interview. He passed, and then it was time for the baptism to
happen. He wanted me to baptize him which was cool but obviously caused me lots of stress. The
time of the baptism was coming and we were trying to get everything done with
the program and no one really started showing up until twenty minutes before it
was supposed to start. The talks on Baptism and the Holy Ghost were really good
plus all the welcoming into the primary and the ward. After all that good stuff
came the most stressful part - the baptizing. I had to do it twice as his elbow
came up out of the water but it's all good. He was super happy about everything
and was confirmed yesterday during Sacrament Meeting.
There is a rumor going around that member meals may be returning.
President Cooper sent out a bunch of prerequisites for Zone Conference for topics
such as talking with members, and how to work with them to teach people.
Hopefully it comes back as many members are chomping at the bit as they want to
feed us a lot and at the moment they can only give us packaged food instead of inviting
us to their home for a meal, unless an investigator or less-active is there.
This week was pretty good even with all the bedbugs. We found two
new investigators and both of them want to build their faith and know
everything will be alright. There's a good fireside happening this Sunday, a
why I believe fireside where recent converts can bear their testimonies. It
should be really good and I think it would be good for some of our
investigators to go to.
Well, that was what last week was like. Lots of inconveniences but
also some good things happened. Things are looking really good for the mission
as this week there is a lot of baptisms happening. In our zone two boys will be
baptized on Wednesday and a family is getting baptized on Saturday.
I hope everybody is doing well. I've seen too many times during my
mission where we will randomly find someone who is prepared, to doubt that the Lord guides each and every one of us to do the best we can in
this life. Lots of miracles have happened where we'll find people while we're
looking for someone else. I know that the Lord is aware of each of us and that
he wants to help us to do well. All we have to do is ask Him for help and
He will make us much better people than we thought that we could be. It's super
inspiring to know that He is willing to help us out with all of our challenges
and problems.
Elder Fabricius
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
John 11:25
Picture #1 - Elder Hawkes, Zackery, and me
Picture #2 - The preparation for being sprayed
Picture #3 - Assistants Elder Treanor and Elder Bowden
Picture #4 - Sister House, Sister Suman, and Sister Neibaur



