Hello to all you wonderful, awesome
people!!!!!
I hope all of your weeks were good
because mine was pretty discouraging when it came to doing missionary work in
general. Last Monday right after Pday was over we went by a bunch of
less-actives and only two people answered the door and those who did answer
weren't interested in letting us update the records. Tuesday was good with
district meeting and we learned how to help people know church is a great place
to be and help investigators know that we are not a cult and that everything bad
they hear about us is not true. After that we went by a less-active
family’s house. For two whole years the past missionaries have been disobedient
by going into the house without a man present. The kids are not old enough
for it to be okay so we changed it up by going out to the front yard. The
mother seemed mad at us but we have to be obedient or the Florida Tampa
Mission, like Anatevka (the village from Fiddler on the Roof), can't say:
"Everyone of us knows who he is and what God expects him to do."
Lots of issues there but we will stay obedient.
Many of our investigators are not
really progressing that well. We do have
a 9 year old who will most likely be getting baptized and he wants me to baptize
him, so that is great.
We have also been dealing with bed
bugs. It will take a lot of time to get rid of these little parasites.
The best thing that happened this past week was helping out at Feeding Tampa
Bay. We packaged a whole bunch of food which equaled about 9,000 pounds
or over 8,000 meals. It's really good to help people out even though I
never may see who we're helping out. It was nice to help others as the
Savior would. I will work at being more positive and happy this week.
Even though this week was
discouraging, I will say a miracle happened. We went to give one of the
Bishop's kids a blessing because she was really sick and was pretty close to
going to the hospital. We went in there and Elder Hawkes did the
anointing and I did the blessing. The spirit was there and even though I
didn't say everything that well it was a good experience. Sister Maximo
was really thankful as well as Bishop Maximo and yesterday we learned that
their daughter was a lot better and came to church. It's cool to see how
the priesthood blesses us to get better and is really humbling.
I hope all of you are doing
well. I know that Jesus is the Savior and Redeemer of the world and wants
to heal us from our sin and mistakes. He loves us so much and can and will
help us through everything. I know that the sacrament can help us
throughout the week and if we take it reverently we can receive the blessings
of our baptismal covenants. We are so blessed and should be grateful that
we have the Gospel in our lives. It is such a great blessing that we
should always be thankful for it. I hope all of you have a great week.
Elder Fabricius
Justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
Justin.fabricius@myldsmail.net
I know that my Redeemer liveth, and
that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth. – Job 19:25
