Hello to all of you, family and friends, from Florida!
The Assistants took a long time to call us about transfers but the call did come. I am staying in Apollo Beach with Elder Reichner and we will be receiving an Elder Bayley from another area. Our district leader Elder Chugg is going home this week and we should also be getting a new Assistant as Elder Leja, one of the Assistants, is going home as well.
The Assistants took a long time to call us about transfers but the call did come. I am staying in Apollo Beach with Elder Reichner and we will be receiving an Elder Bayley from another area. Our district leader Elder Chugg is going home this week and we should also be getting a new Assistant as Elder Leja, one of the Assistants, is going home as well.
This past week was pretty stressful as I mentioned last
week. We had almost everything taught to Ron, he was doing well on
smoking, and the program was filled out. And then the adversary won and
Ron smoked just before his interview. I always see some form of
opposition every time we get someone close to baptism but until now the people
were able to push through it. Ron is still willing to try and has not
smoked since the last time. There is a really cool stop smoking plan that
works wonders and we shall be trying it soon.
The majority of the week was spent trying to get Ron ready
for the baptism. We did meet a guy from Haiti named Danyel. He is
extremely knowledgeable of the Bible and teaching him is strange because he
expounds on whatever it is that we say. He does seem prepared which is
cool.
I ended up losing my bike helmet on Wednesday. We went
biking up to the top of our area which goes past a immensely tall power
plant. A member from the Riverview ward gave a ride and I forgot my bike
helmet in his truck. Fortunately I was able to get another bike helmet
from the other missionaries. We found a cool guy named KJ while we were
waiting and he is definitely interested.
This weekend we had stake conference for the Brandon
Stake. President and Sister Cooper were there as well as President
Howell, the Brandon stake president. There was a lot of good instruction
given and I wish I would be able to put it all here but that would take up 15
pages. The temple was a major theme of the conference. Ron came and
President and Sister Cooper were able to meet him. I was also able to see
Jerry, one of the recent converts from Providence. He still has some
trouble talking and walking due to the stroke that he had but he was able to
get around. The Providence Elders said that they went by one time and he
was wearing a leather motorcycle jacket, skinny jeans, and some Jordan shoes.
It must have been a strange sight.
That is pretty much all for this week. I will let you
know what is happening with transfers. I hope you are all doing well and are having a great week.
Love you all,
Elder Fabricius
"In my ninety - plus years, I have learned a
secret. I have learned that when good men and good women face challenges
with optimism, things will always work out! Truly, things will all work
out! Despite how difficult circumstances may look at the moment, those
who have faith will look forward with a happy spirit will find that things
always work out!" - President Hinckley